Patch-Notes

The Ghost Keep RvR Event and Hot Fix Notes

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Apr 06 08:40 -0400 GMT
A ghostly incursion has begun in the Frontiers...

           
 
  • Members of each realm should make haste to their ghostly ambassador to strengthen their realm's cause:
    • Albion - See the Ancient Paladin in the Catterick Hamlet relic town
    • Midgard - See the Ancient Thane in the Godrborg relic town
    • Hibernia - See the Ancient Champion in the Crair Treflan relic town
  • Players should ask the 'Ancient' NPCs for a [progress] report to be directed to the current task at hand.
    • These NPCs offer two quests during the 'supply' phase of the event that can only be obtained and completed during that phase.
    • Once a 'summoning' phase has been started by a realm, the 'supply' phase ends for all three realms and these NPCs will direct players to defend or attack the appropriate Ghostly Summoner.
    • Once a ghostly keep lord has been called forth, the 'summoning' phase ends and these NPCs will direct players to defend or attack the appropriate ghostly keep lord!
    • Be sure to visit this NPC at each phase to ensure you pick up any available quests.
  • Earn extra realm points for completing the tasks throughout each phase of the event!
  • A successfully summoned ghostly keep lord will offer the new Ring of the Summoned reward, along with a quest to players that pay them a visit!
  • Earn the new Ghostly Medal of Valor for successfully defending your realm's ghostly keep lord long enough for them to grant a new task!
  • For more in-depth information, a handy guide can be found here that explains the phases of this event in detail!
                  
 
The following RvR changes are now live for the duration of this event! Depending on feedback, some or all of these changes could become permanent.

  • The ruined keeps of Caer Benowyc, Bledmeer Faste, and Dun Crauchon, along with their towers, have been restored to a normal, non-ruined state.
    • These keeps will still only have two towers instead of three.
    • Please note that they will still appear as "ruined" on the /realmwar map for the remainder of the event.
    • The 'Resource Crates' for the Supplies for the Cause quest remain inside the now non-ruined keeps. They are also still available on Ellan Vannin.
  • The Buggane's Obelisk buff now only awards characters bonus bounty points and coin and no longer awards bonus realm points. This is to encourage players to participate in the event and mainland RvR more.
  • The portal ceremony in each realm's relic town has been disabled. This is to encourage players to participate in the event and mainland RvR more.
The Ghost Keep event will run until Monday, April 24th *at least* and depending on feedback, may run until patch 1.123!

 
           

Finally, the following class and general changes are now live!

General

  • The adventure wing instances in the classic-world dungeons have been disabled. This was an over-sight with the recent addition of the new campaign's dungeons and the disabling of the Catacombs expansion zones.

Animist

Creeping Path specialization

  • All armor factor debuff spells have had their duration reduced to 15 seconds, down from 45 seconds. This aligns all 3 realms’ armor factor debuffs.

Bonedancer

Darkness specialization

  • The non-targetable phantasm summons in the Bone Revenant line of spells no longer attack or uncover stealthed targets.

Suppression specialization

  • All disarms have been changed to fumbles.
  • Level 1 – Punish Combatant – 1500 range – Instant cast – 3s duration – 5m reuse – 20% power – Increases the targets fumble chance by 3%.
  • Level 11 – Punish Assailant – 1500 range – Instant cast – 6s duration – 5m reuse – 20% power – Increases the targets fumble chance by 5%.
  • Level 21 – Punish Aggressor – 1500 range – Instant cast – 8s duration – 3m reuse – 20% power – Increases the targets fumble chance by 10%.
  • Level 31 – Punish Opponent – 1500 range – Instant cast – 12s duration – 60s reuse – 20% power – Increases the targets fumble chance by 20%.
  • Level 41 – Punish Soldier – 1500 range – Instant cast – 15s duration – 60s reuse – 20% power – Increases the targets fumble chance by 30%.

Bone Army specialization

  • Level 42 – Ruin Bones – Damage reduced to 121 per tick, down from 131.

Heretic

  • Level 48 – Torrential Blaze – Damage increased. Now delves for 170 damage, up from 150, and increases by 60% each tick (2s frequency), up from 50%, with a maximum damage increase of 170%, up from 135%. Range remains at 1600, 15s duration.
  • Level 42 – Whirling Blaze – 115 damage and increases by 45% each tick (2s frequency), with a maximum damage increase of 110%. Range remains at 1600, 15s duration.

Mentalist

Mana Magic specialization

  • Level 46 – Storm of Insanity – Damage reduced to 121 per tick, down from 131.

Necromancer

Deathsight Baseline

  • The ground disease spell has had its values adjusted as follows:
    • Level 6 - Decrepit Ground - Range reduced from 1000 to 500, radius reduced from 250 to 75, tick frequency reduced from 1s to 5s/tick..
    • Level 16 - Wretched Ground - Range reduced from 1000 to 500, radius reduced from 275 to 100, tick frequency reduced from 1s to 4.5s/tick..
    • Level 26 - Rotting Ground - Range reduced from 1000 to 500, radius reduced from 300 to 125, tick frequency reduced from 1s to 4s/tick..
    • Level 36 - Desecrated Ground - Range reduced from 1000 to 500, radius reduced from 325 to 150, tick frequency reduced from 1s to 3.5s/tick..
    • Level 46 - Unholy Ground - Range reduced from 1000 to 500, radius reduced from 350 to 200, tick frequency reduced from 1s to 3s/tick.

Deathsight specialization

  • Level 47 – Infinite Death – Damage reduced to 121 per tick, down from 131.

Warlock

Witchcraft specialization

  • All armor factor debuff spells have had their duration reduced to 15 seconds, down from 45 seconds. This aligns all 3 realms’ armor factor debuffs.

A Dragon's Curse Campaign: Chapter 1 and Client update

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Apr 04 10:09 -0400 GMT


 

Hot Fix Client Notes

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 30 11:48 -0400 GMT
Barring any issues, this will be the last client update until patch 1.123. Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we have made some great strides behind the scenes with these changes to set the table for more comprehensive Ui/UX and client updates down the road. Notes below!

  • Made some adjustments to the way /qbinds and movement work if the /qbind uses a modifier+movement key:
    • By default, modifier keys still don't break player movement except in the following scenarios.
    • Movement keys are defined as forward, backward, turn left, turn right, strafe left, strafe right; autorun is not a movement key for these purposes. The following examples work the same regardless of which type of movement key is used.
      • Example 1: If a user has an ability bound to SHIFT+W and W is their move forward key, pressing SHIFT+W will only fire the /qbound ability now and will not move the character forward.
      • Example 2: If a user has an ability bound to SHIFT+X and W is their move forward key, pressing W will move the character forward and the user can still press their SHIFT+X /qbind and continue moving; so long as the user doesn't have a bind set to SHIFT+W. If the user does have a bind set to SHIFT+W in this scenario, their character will now stop.
  • Added new option to /keyboard window "Modifiers break move keys" that when toggled will cause any manual character movement (so not including autorun) to cease when ALT, CTRL, or SHIFT are pressed. This option allows for exactly how things worked prior to yesterday's client. By default this setting is NOT set.
    • Please note that custom UI developers will need to update their key_config.xml file in order for this new option to appear.
  • Changing from full-screen to a windowed client will no longer cause the windowed client to always appear in front of other windows or programs on the desktop. 
  • Mouse cursor movement should once again be aligned after re-sizing the client's resolution.

Client Hot Fix Notes

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 28 15:09 -0400 GMT
More client updates below!

  • Users can now press the ALT, CTRL, and SHIFT modifiers when holding down their run forward keys without causing their character to stop.
    • In other words, characters will continue running forward if a user presses alt+<key>, ctrl+<key>, or shift+<key> while they are actively holding their run forward key down.
      • This change will need to have ALT and CTRL selected as a modifier in the /keyboard window to get their respective modifer+key /qbinds to function properly.
    • Please note that combinations that use the same key as the run forward key in the modifer+key may have undesired results:
      • For example: if a user's run forward key is W it is not recommended to bind an ability to alt+W, ctrl+W, or shift+W as those /qbinds will not properly fire until the user releases their foward key and then engages the modifer key+W; after which their character will both move forward and engage the modifer key+W ability /qbind.
    • Finally, please note that the SHIFT+UP key functionality to recall your last sent messages will still work but only after activating your chat cursor via hitting the Enter key or the / key. It will no longer work when chat mode isn't already engaged.
  • Users will no longer become mouselook locked when mouse-clicking the top or left side of a windowed client.
  • Key input functionality should be restored.
    • This should fix issues with the keyboard no longer working after using alt+tab or other Windows OS functionality for certain users and should alleviate several issues with certain 3rd party programs for all users. 

Live Client Hot Fix

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 27 11:38 -0400 GMT
Update:  Using the /qbind command will no longer cause issues with the keyboard. If you are currently logged in, please log out and re-patch the client again to fix this.

The following client changes are now live!

  • The mouse cursor will no longer become "locked" when zoning or exiting the game while mouse look is active.
  • New mouse sensitivity settings have been added to the character selection screen's option window. These settings work as follows:
    • Users can adjust the "Mouselook Sensitivity" on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest sensitivity.
      • The value of 3 is whatever the user's current DPI sensitivity is on their mouse, with 2 being 25% slower than that and 1 being 50% slower and 4 being 25% faster and 5 being 50% faster.
    • The value will default to "1" on first login as this is a new option, so be sure to change this to at least 3 to get your existing mouse sensitivity settings when first logging in!
    • For users who decide to adjust their mouse's DPI setting while in mouselook or mousepan mode after logging in, the mouse's DPI setting will supercede this new setting still.
    • Remember, this sensitivity setting only affects mouselook or mousepan; it does not affect normal cursor movement. For normal cursor movement, please use either your operating systems mouse sensitivity settings or your mouse's own software settings.
  • Mouselook lock mode will now only function when the cursor is located over the game's screen. Mouselook lock mode will end when the game window is not the active window and need to be re-engaged when the game window becomes active again.
  • Several changes have been made to the /keyboard window functionality to address some outstanding issues with certain keys and mouse clicks performing multiple, unintended functions for some users. These changes affect the following:
    • Media and browser keys on some keyboards will no longer trigger some bound keys.
    • Users can no longer bind the number keys 1 through 0 or the Esc key on the /keyboard window.
    • The /keyboard window now allows the binding of a valid key after pressing an invalid key first.
    • The Esc key will now cancel the key binding action.
  • Added a borderless full-screen windowed mode option to the character selection screen's options window!
  • The Heretic's uninterruptable focus damage pulse has changed as follows to rebalance the spell for PvE purposes and make it more useful in RvR, with a faster ramping time but lower maximum damage.
    • Level 36 – Glistening Blaze – Starts at 85 heat damage and increases by 35%/tick up to a maximum of 75%, down from a maximum of 350%. Cast time increased to 2.5s on the initial pulse, up from 2s. Subsequent pulse tick times unchanged. Range increased from 1500 to 1600.
    • Level 42 – Whirling Blaze – Starts at 115 heat damage and increases by 45%/tick up to a maximum of 115%, down from a maximum of 400%. Cast time increased to 2.5s on the initial pulse, up from 2s. Subsequent pulse tick times unchanged. Range increased from 1500 to 1600.
    • Level 48 – Torrential Blaze – Starts at 150 heat damage and increases by 50%/tick up to a maximum of 135%, down from a maximum of 450%. Cast time increased to 2.5s on the initial pulse, up from 2s. Subsequent pulse tick times unchanged. Range increased from 1500 to 1600.

Pendragon Client Hot Fix

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 24 15:29 -0400 GMT
The following client changes are now live on Pendragon.

If you have any remaining issues with mouse sensitivity, mouse movement, or keyboard functionality please hop on Pendragon and test over the weekend! Also, be sure to test out the new borderless full-screen windowed mode even if everything is fine for you on Live!

We plan to put these client updates on the Live servers on Monday if no issues are found. If you do see any issues, please submit a feedback form describing the matter. Thank you!

  • The mouse cursor will no longer become "locked" when zoning or exiting the game while mouse look is active.
  • New mouse sensitivity settings have been added to the character selection screen's option window. These settings work as follows:
    • Users can adjust the "Mouselook Sensitivity" on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest sensitivity.
      • The value of 3 is whatever the user's current DPI sensitivity is on their mouse, with 2 being 25% slower than that and 1 being 50% slower and 4 being 25% faster and 5 being 50% faster.
    • The value will default to "1" on first login as this is a new option, so be sure to change this to at least 3 to get your existing mouse sensitivity settings when first logging in!
    • For users who decide to adjust their mouse's DPI setting while in mouselook or mousepan mode after logging in, the mouse's DPI setting will supercede this new setting still.
    • Remember, this sensitivity setting only affects mouselook or mousepan; it does not affect normal cursor movement. For normal cursor movement, please use either your operating systems mouse sensitivity settings or your mouse's own software settings.
  • Mouselook lock mode will now only function when the cursor is located over the game's screen. Mouselook lock mode will end when the game window is not the active window and need to be re-engaged when the game window becomes active again.
  • Several changes have been made to the /keyboard window functionality to address some outstanding issues with certain keys and mouse clicks performing multiple, unintended functions for some users. These changes affect the following:
    • Media and browser keys on some keyboards will no longer trigger some bound keys.
    • Users can no longer bind the number keys 1 through 0 or the Esc key on the /keyboard window.
    • The /keyboard window now allows the binding of a valid key after pressing an invalid key first.
    • The Esc key will now cancel the key binding action.
  • Added a borderless full-screen windowed mode option to the character selection screen's options window!

Client Hot Fix

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 15 16:41 -0400 GMT
If you are currently experiencing any mouse, auto-run, or client-related issues after 1.122C we encourage you to run your patcher to get the newly updated client! Fixes are listed below:

  • Users that have their forward key set to break auto-run in the /keyboard window will once again be able to engage the auto-run key while holding their forward key down.
    • For users who do not see the option to change whether their forward key breaks auto-run in their /keyboard window, they can switch to the default UI to see it or download an update for their custom UI.
  • Users with Mouselook OFF set on the character selection screen's game options will once again only be able to use their mouse to look left and right (and not up and down).
    • Users with Mouselook ON or Mouselook REVERSE set will be able to use their mouse to look up/down and left/right as normal.
  • Clients that use a higher full-screen resolution in-game than the resolution set in their operating system will once again be able to use their mouse across the entire game screen.
  • Mouse sensitivity should be normalized between mouse-pan and mouse-turn.
    • If, after patching, you are still experiencing issues with a very slow or very fast mouse-pan or mouse-turn, please let us know via the feedback form!

Live Server Downtime - Patch 1.122C

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 13 14:23 -0400 GMT
Update 12:20 EST/4:20 GMT: Ywain and Gaheris are up and open to all players!

All servers will be coming down Tuesday, March 14th at 5:45AM EDT / 9:45AM GMT for patch 1.122C!

Please note that the mid-atlantic and northeastern United States will be impacted by blizzard conditions tonight and tomorrow, with high winds. We do not expect any issues but if any power outages do occur on Tuesday that inhibit this update, we will instead deploy on Wednesday, March 15th. To all of our players living in the area, stay safe and warm!

Check out the patch notes below!


 

Pendragon Server Downtime - Patch 1.122C #2

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 07 20:34 -0500 GMT
Update: Pendragon is now open to all players!

The Pendragon test server will be coming down tomorrow, March 8th, at 2:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM GMT to deliver a crash fix and some additional mouse-related updates to Pendragon!

Here are the additional changes:

  • Fixed a crash bug in some behind-the-scenes guild processes.
  • Several fixes were implemented to alleviate issues for players who used left-click and right-click mouse keybinds as gameplay functions (such as auto-run, stick, face, etc.).
    • These fixes should enable these players to use the mouse as they currently do on live (or very close to it).
    • If you bind any gameplay functions to your mouse's left or right-click we implore you to login to Pendragon and test these changes and submit any issues you have to the feedback form!
  • Added a /keyboard window setting to enable or disable the "move forward" keybind from breaking auto-run.
    • The default setting will be that auto-run is NOT broken by the "move forward" key.
    • Custom UI developers should look at the key_config.xml window in the UI/Atlantis folder to see the new setting and add it to any custom key_config.xml windows.
  • Mouselook is now automatically turned off when bringing up the /keyboard window.
  • Tooltips will no longer draw when in mouse look or mouse pan modes.
  • The /keyboard window no longer allows mouse clicks to go through the window.
    • This means targeting, mouse-turning, or mouse-panning will no longer happen if the initial click happens while the cursor is hovering over the /keyboard window.
You can check out the consolidated and up-to-date Pendragon notes by clicking the patch notes image below!

 
Important Note:
  • We highly suggest separating out your normal game directory from your Pendragon game directory *before* patching and testing on Pendragon.
    • If you do not do this, you *will* experience issues when patching back to live.
      • To force the live client to fix these issues, you will need to delete the mft.myp in your game's directory and run the patcher again.
For those interested in testing on Pendragon, follow the character copy process here!

1.122C Pendragon Hot Fix

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 03 08:59 -0500 GMT

Thank you very much for the feedback submitted about patch 1.122C! It sounds like overall we are on the right track with these changes. While there are a few more self-explanatory pet tweaks and general bug fixes below, there is one issue from the original 1.122C notes that warrants a bit more explanation: the weapon pet-proc changes.

We’ve received and reviewed the feedback on both sides of the matter. Some stating that they would enjoy their caster and support classes much more without these random pet-procs; as well as looking forward to a return to class-focused gameplay instead of item-focused. While others have been highlighting certain combat situations where these weapons provide some much-needed utility, especially in smaller scale fights.

As such, we feel that bringing the weapon pet-procs back at a reduced power than what exists on Live is a solid compromise to both viewpoints until we can revisit them and other item-based abilities in patch 1.123.

The following notes are now up on Pendragon and are also edited into the original 1.122C notes HERE.

 

General


Changes


  • All weapons on all realms that once had proccing pets have had their procs changed as follows. The affected weapons are:
    • Traitor’s Dagger
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced to 15s. Vampiric Mist damage increased slightly.
    • Astral Blade of Illusions
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced from 15s to 8s. Proc can still not be used in Mobile Stance on light tanks.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Mace of Illusions
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced from 15s to 8s. Proc can still not be used in Mobile Stance on light tanks.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Hammer of Illusions
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced from 15s to 8s. Proc can still not be used in Mobile Stance on light tanks.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Conflagrant Sword/Hatchet
      • Now procs 115 essence direct damage.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Mephitic Fang
      • The essence direct damage proc has been reduced from 150 to 115 damage.
      • Disease proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic Great Sword
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic Great Hammer
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic War Pick
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic Spear/Polearm
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Virge of Forgotten Souls
      • Now procs a debuff that reduces the target’s casting speed by 75% for 25 seconds.
    • Discarded Red Cap Hammer
      • Now procs a debuff that reduces the target’s casting speed by 75% for 25 seconds.
    • Unseelie Harvester
      • Now procs a debuff that reduces the target’s casting speed by 75% for 25 seconds.
    • Nevermore’s Broken Bone
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced to 8s.
    • Ice Shard
      • Now directly procs a 3 second snare that ignores root immunity.

Bug Fixes


  • Champion’s strength/constitution and dexterity/quickness line of self-buffs no longer overwrite concentration and supremacy potion buffs.
  • Champion’s strength/constitution and dexterity/quickness self-buffs now have a casting animation.
    • Note that Champion’s will need to respec to their Valor specialization to see this fix.
  • Champion’s strength/constitution and dexterity/quickness self-buff should no longer trigger a 2s cast timer after the cast is completed.
  • Friar’s Grandmaster Staffman self-buff should no longer trigger a 2s cast timer after their casts are completed.
  • Warden’s self-health regen buff should no longer be overwritten by Bards’ health regen chant.
  • Omni-regen potions should no longer overwrite concentration-based health regen buffs from Clerics.

 

Class Balance

 
Changes


Bonedancer

Bone Legion (Bone Army specialization)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Fossil Mystic
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.
    • Fossil Healer
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.
    • Fossil Conjurer
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.
    • Fossil Seer
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.

Cabalist

Spirit Animation

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Ruby Simulacrum
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Sapphire Simulacrum
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.

Enchanter

Enchantments (Baseline)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Underhill Stalker
      • Anytime style no longer has a bleed effect.
      • This ability was interrupting every tick.
    • Underhill Companion
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Underhill Ally
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Underhill Zealot
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.

 

Necromancer

Death Servant (Baseline)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Soultorn
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
      • The Phantom version of this pet has had its disease’s snare value reduced from 70% to 35%.
    • Priest of Arawn
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Succubus
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.

 

Spiritmaster

Summoning (Baseline)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Spirit Hunter
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Spirit Runemaster
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Spirit Shaman
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Spirit Valkyrie
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%. Will give up casting and attack after 3 failed attempts.

 

Pages