Live Server Downtime - Patch 1.122C

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 13 14:23 -0400 GMT
Update 12:20 EST/4:20 GMT: Ywain and Gaheris are up and open to all players!

All servers will be coming down Tuesday, March 14th at 5:45AM EDT / 9:45AM GMT for patch 1.122C!

Please note that the mid-atlantic and northeastern United States will be impacted by blizzard conditions tonight and tomorrow, with high winds. We do not expect any issues but if any power outages do occur on Tuesday that inhibit this update, we will instead deploy on Wednesday, March 15th. To all of our players living in the area, stay safe and warm!

Check out the patch notes below!


 

The Last Breath

Posted by Development | 2017 Mar 13 07:56 -0400 GMT

They say that when you take the last breath of life, that you go to a better place. This a false promise. To them, I am what the Creator is to us. I am a being of the light, of hope, of a greater promise. I am what they once were and with their callowness, what they wish to be again.

But it is thanks to them that I am telling you this now. For even in the darkest hour of the night sky, there are infinite shining stars. So it is true with them, too, as they have proven to me. In the sea of death there is yet still a soul. This changes everything, the very foundation of us all. Perhaps the Northmen were right. Or the Elves. Or all of us, in some way. Perhaps our King is still too out there, in the darkness. Watching us, protecting us, fighting a war that we do not know exists.

The stars have shown me. The heir of mighty Gol
estandt has awoken deep beneath Albion. Sleeping for years, protected by the darkness. We have been careless without our King. Too distracted by the Ice and the Forest, we have ignored the evil. We must end this dragon before it grows. Before it becomes more powerful than its father. Before it has an army of darkness.

And as such, we must venture once again into the deepest, darkest burrows of the underworld; which we vowed to never return to again. But this time, we will not go alone.

The stars will guide us in the night sky for as long as they can. With their light, we must shine brighter than ever; for the darkness of death is coming.

Friday Grab Bag - 03/10/2017

Posted by Community | 2017 Mar 09 21:08 -0500 GMT
This week's Grab Bag is a right mix of questions, and a good read. So grab a cuppa and a minute, and read on!

Thanks to everyone who sent in questions, keep 'em coming! You can send in your questions through our Grab Bag submission form.

On to the info!

Bonds of Ice

Posted by Development | 2017 Mar 09 15:19 -0500 GMT

Ice, snow, frost. Blood, war, honor. These are the minerals from which Northmen are forged. We are men made of stone. Should the fiercest foe stand before us…it matters not.

Our frostbitten axes and iron hammers will conquer any enemy. We have proven ourselves. Gjalpinulva. A dragon. What a beauty she was. Some may remember those times as dark and filled with death. No – Midgard was never more alive. The mead-halls were filled with Warriors! Skalds sang of her frozen glare! Warrior after Warrior marched into Malmohus, ready to be welcomed by the gates of Valhalla! But Gjalpinulva had a death sentence. Midgard made sure of that.

It may be odd, this tale coming from me. I was not one of those men. But I am now. It is in times like these when all of Midgard must band together. Here, you are a Northman if you’ve proven yourself in battle. Even if you were foes the night before. Battle? A simple task for those of my kind. But for what is coming – we cannot afford to stand apart.

In the depths of Midgard, ancient relics yet lie dormant. I have seen them. They are here. And their power is fearsome. The race to hold that power will begin soon. The realm will be tested, and not only against itself, but by a foe whose power approaches Odin's. Were these weapons ever meant to be held by our hands? No – but we will need them. All of them.

I write this from the deepest depths of Midgard. That some might read this gives faint hope. We must act decisively –  and soon. The dragons, the Catacombs, the Drakulv, the relics, the Glashtin – Midgard. We are all intertwined. We are all the North. And when this darkness comes, our bonds will be tested like never before.

Dark Destiny

Posted by Development | 2017 Mar 08 07:59 -0500 GMT

The Veil. It is endless. It is the end of all things. An orange expanse of nothing, yet…everything. We are all the Veil. We start as the Veil, and we will end as the Veil. I have learned as much by now...

Those who can harness it are deemed gods. But there are no gods here. No, just…. life. Life like you and I back home. Kings, queens, magi, slaves, beasts, and dragons. They are all here. Yes – dragons. And so it seems, after all, that we do indeed share something with those mighty terrors. We are not bound to reality. We are all the Veil. Alas, I am getting ahead of myself. Allow me to start at the beginning.

Years ago, I was among the many cadets, vagrants, and now heroes looking to make a name for myself during the Dragon Campaign. Cuuldurach, who we came to know as the Glimmer King, had been a menace to Hibernia for decades, and it was time to stop his reign of fear. Some of you men and women may recall the hardships the Glimmer King bestowed upon us. Sheeroe Hills was twisted from lush, green forests to the dark, raging skies of today. The Dark Elves, the Veil, Darkspire - not a thought then. Not even an existence. Now look at what it has all become.

Yes, we struck down Cuuldurach. Hibernia rejoiced, and deservingly so. The reclamation of Sheeroe Hills did not come without its toll. Many of us were lost during that campaign. But it was not over. The Glimmer, those mystical creatures, still lingered among the hills. How could we exterminate them all? The dragon eggs – was the spawn of the Glimmer King himself out there? It is here, at this point, where a new chapter begins – not the epilogue we had once assumed. If only we had known it then, we could have prevented what is coming. There is no stopping it now.

They are a curse. Beings so powerful, yet so evil. If their hearts were pure, what instead would our realm be? They plant their evil seed in the darkest depths of the hearts of men. The seed grows, and before long, that evil blooms. And it spreads, like the glimmer plague did once before.

Those seeds? The dragon eggs. Imagine – an egg of the Glimmer King at your feet. A source of endless power. What choice do you make? Do you take your hammer and end its evil? Do you take it back to the Veil from whence it came? Surely that answer is simple now after what I have seen.


Or is it? With power like that, is good possible? Or is an inevitable evil tied to these beasts?

Pendragon Server Downtime - Patch 1.122C #2

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 07 20:34 -0500 GMT
Update: Pendragon is now open to all players!

The Pendragon test server will be coming down tomorrow, March 8th, at 2:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM GMT to deliver a crash fix and some additional mouse-related updates to Pendragon!

Here are the additional changes:

  • Fixed a crash bug in some behind-the-scenes guild processes.
  • Several fixes were implemented to alleviate issues for players who used left-click and right-click mouse keybinds as gameplay functions (such as auto-run, stick, face, etc.).
    • These fixes should enable these players to use the mouse as they currently do on live (or very close to it).
    • If you bind any gameplay functions to your mouse's left or right-click we implore you to login to Pendragon and test these changes and submit any issues you have to the feedback form!
  • Added a /keyboard window setting to enable or disable the "move forward" keybind from breaking auto-run.
    • The default setting will be that auto-run is NOT broken by the "move forward" key.
    • Custom UI developers should look at the key_config.xml window in the UI/Atlantis folder to see the new setting and add it to any custom key_config.xml windows.
  • Mouselook is now automatically turned off when bringing up the /keyboard window.
  • Tooltips will no longer draw when in mouse look or mouse pan modes.
  • The /keyboard window no longer allows mouse clicks to go through the window.
    • This means targeting, mouse-turning, or mouse-panning will no longer happen if the initial click happens while the cursor is hovering over the /keyboard window.
You can check out the consolidated and up-to-date Pendragon notes by clicking the patch notes image below!

 
Important Note:
  • We highly suggest separating out your normal game directory from your Pendragon game directory *before* patching and testing on Pendragon.
    • If you do not do this, you *will* experience issues when patching back to live.
      • To force the live client to fix these issues, you will need to delete the mft.myp in your game's directory and run the patcher again.
For those interested in testing on Pendragon, follow the character copy process here!

1.122C Pendragon Hot Fix

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Mar 03 08:59 -0500 GMT

Thank you very much for the feedback submitted about patch 1.122C! It sounds like overall we are on the right track with these changes. While there are a few more self-explanatory pet tweaks and general bug fixes below, there is one issue from the original 1.122C notes that warrants a bit more explanation: the weapon pet-proc changes.

We’ve received and reviewed the feedback on both sides of the matter. Some stating that they would enjoy their caster and support classes much more without these random pet-procs; as well as looking forward to a return to class-focused gameplay instead of item-focused. While others have been highlighting certain combat situations where these weapons provide some much-needed utility, especially in smaller scale fights.

As such, we feel that bringing the weapon pet-procs back at a reduced power than what exists on Live is a solid compromise to both viewpoints until we can revisit them and other item-based abilities in patch 1.123.

The following notes are now up on Pendragon and are also edited into the original 1.122C notes HERE.

 

General


Changes


  • All weapons on all realms that once had proccing pets have had their procs changed as follows. The affected weapons are:
    • Traitor’s Dagger
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced to 15s. Vampiric Mist damage increased slightly.
    • Astral Blade of Illusions
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced from 15s to 8s. Proc can still not be used in Mobile Stance on light tanks.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Mace of Illusions
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced from 15s to 8s. Proc can still not be used in Mobile Stance on light tanks.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Hammer of Illusions
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced from 15s to 8s. Proc can still not be used in Mobile Stance on light tanks.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Conflagrant Sword/Hatchet
      • Now procs 115 essence direct damage.
      • Damage over time proc remains.
    • Astral Mephitic Fang
      • The essence direct damage proc has been reduced from 150 to 115 damage.
      • Disease proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic Great Sword
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic Great Hammer
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic War Pick
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Astral Voltaic Spear/Polearm
      • Pet proc remains.
        • Damage from the storm proc has been reduced from 95 to 35 essence direct damage.
        • Damage from the storm proc pet has been reduced from 85 to 25 essence direct damage.
      • 150 essence direct damage proc remains.
    • Virge of Forgotten Souls
      • Now procs a debuff that reduces the target’s casting speed by 75% for 25 seconds.
    • Discarded Red Cap Hammer
      • Now procs a debuff that reduces the target’s casting speed by 75% for 25 seconds.
    • Unseelie Harvester
      • Now procs a debuff that reduces the target’s casting speed by 75% for 25 seconds.
    • Nevermore’s Broken Bone
      • Pet proc remains. Duration reduced to 8s.
    • Ice Shard
      • Now directly procs a 3 second snare that ignores root immunity.

Bug Fixes


  • Champion’s strength/constitution and dexterity/quickness line of self-buffs no longer overwrite concentration and supremacy potion buffs.
  • Champion’s strength/constitution and dexterity/quickness self-buffs now have a casting animation.
    • Note that Champion’s will need to respec to their Valor specialization to see this fix.
  • Champion’s strength/constitution and dexterity/quickness self-buff should no longer trigger a 2s cast timer after the cast is completed.
  • Friar’s Grandmaster Staffman self-buff should no longer trigger a 2s cast timer after their casts are completed.
  • Warden’s self-health regen buff should no longer be overwritten by Bards’ health regen chant.
  • Omni-regen potions should no longer overwrite concentration-based health regen buffs from Clerics.

 

Class Balance

 
Changes


Bonedancer

Bone Legion (Bone Army specialization)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Fossil Mystic
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.
    • Fossil Healer
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.
    • Fossil Conjurer
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.
    • Fossil Seer
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.

Cabalist

Spirit Animation

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Ruby Simulacrum
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Sapphire Simulacrum
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.

Enchanter

Enchantments (Baseline)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Underhill Stalker
      • Anytime style no longer has a bleed effect.
      • This ability was interrupting every tick.
    • Underhill Companion
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Underhill Ally
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Underhill Zealot
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 75%.

 

Necromancer

Death Servant (Baseline)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Soultorn
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
      • The Phantom version of this pet has had its disease’s snare value reduced from 70% to 35%.
    • Priest of Arawn
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Succubus
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.

 

Spiritmaster

Summoning (Baseline)

  • Pets have changed as follows:
    • Spirit Hunter
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Spirit Runemaster
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Spirit Shaman
      • No longer has had its damage taken increased by 25%.
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%.
    • Spirit Valkyrie
      • Now has a 25% chance to ignore interruption, down from 100%. Will give up casting and attack after 3 failed attempts.

 

Pendragon Server Downtime - Patch 1.122C

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Feb 27 14:55 -0500 GMT
Update: Pendragon is now up, check out the 1.122C Pendragon Test Server Notes here or by clicking the image below!

The Pendragon test server will be coming down tomorrow, February 28th, at 2:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM GMT to deliver the 1.122C Patch!

The notes will follow when Pendragon is back online. 

Important Note:
  • We highly suggest separating out your normal game directory from your Pendragon game directory *before* patching and testing on Pendragon.
    • If you do not do this, you *will* experience issues when patching back to live.
      • To force the live client to fix these issues, you will need to delete the mft.myp in your game's directory and run the patcher again.

For those interested in testing on Pendragon, follow the character copy process here!
 

Friday Grab Bag - 02/24/17

Posted by Community | 2017 Feb 24 12:12 -0500 GMT
The Grab Bag doth return!

Below we have 5 questions collected from the community by our Knights to get us started. If you want to send in your questions for a future Grab Bag, you can do so through our Grab Bag submission form

Additionally, we have been blown away by the amount of responses to our playerbase survey. Thank you for the several thousand (OMG!) responses and for taking the time to give us such valuable feedback and insight. The survey is now CLOSED while we analyse and discuss the results internally. We will return with a follow up survey soon, so keep your eyes on the Herald!

Onto the questions!

Producer's Letter 2017

Posted by John Thornhill | 2017 Feb 17 00:21 -0500 GMT
Greetings all,

We're already a month and a half into what will be an exciting 2017! We've been busy discussing, planning, and working on what's coming this year as there are a LOT of things on our plate. In this letter, I'll be giving our take on where things stand currently, addressing much of your feedback from the past several months, and outlining the plans for this year!

Pages

Subscribe to Syndicate